Finding and selling to the REAL decision maker
If you sell to anyone that has to "get approval"...
Then you need to change up your process big time.
Here we go!
1. Confirm the person you're selling to wants the product and believes it will solve a problem for their business.
2. Know why they want it and what problem THEY believe it will solve.
Once you have those 2 things, the rest of the process becomes easier because everything you're doing is to help THEM get what THEY want.
3. Learn what matters to the DM/DMs. Is the DM even aware of these problems?
4. Craft the proposal, together with your contact, for the DM.
Pro Tip the recap deck isn't for who you met with, it's for who you didn't.
5. Proposal should cover the problems you and the POC agreed where there, and how your product will solve it. -- Not just be about your product.
6. Ask to meet with the DM (99% chance of a no here, but that's the point) when they say no you say "Ok makes sense, I'll just copy them on this email, is their email X@X?"
Big no to little yes.
Pro tip - always suggest the email, never ask for it.
7. Coach your contact on what to say to the DM. How they should phrase it - Literally write the script for them if you can.
8. Schedule follow up steps
This is how you work with a champion or point of contact.