Welcome to The Water Cooler!
Purpose: We are going through some tough times these days. Between pandemic fears, navigating remote work, and volatile global markets, sales professionals are abruptly facing a host of new challenges.
We don’t know what’s to come, but we do know that having strong communities, friendships, and support systems are crucial to our mental, physical, and financial well-being.
That is why Bravado is launching a new community to bring our members together and support one another through uncertain waters.
Action: Welcome to The Water Cooler!
The Water Cooler is the new place on Bravado where we’ll crowdsource and share best practices and tips on how to adapt to this new reality. This includes exclusive programming on:
- Remote Work: Helping both reps and managers navigate managing a fully remote sales team. Productivity, tools, and culture building.
- Quotas/Compensation: With 48% of sales teams projecting to miss Q1 (a number likely to go up), let’s come together and figure out how to support our sales teams and their families during this time.
- Layoffs/Jobs/Consulting: - Last week, 12% of Bravado Members we surveyed reported that their sales team is either considering or has already laid off sales staff. On the other hand, there are many companies still looking to hire! Let’s offer support to one another, and help find new homes for those in need. (We will be rolling out additional products to support you within The Water Cooler soon.)
There are only 3 rules for The Water Cooler:
1. Bring compassion - Everyone is going through a tough time right now. Bring the love. Bring friendship. Bring advice. Don't bring the trolling. Definitely do not bring the hate speech or divisive language here. I don't want to kick people out for being an ass, but I will. Contribute some positivity into the world ❤️
2. Don't bring your sales pitch - We're all salespeople here. We all have products / services we are paid to sell. Save the 'empty post that's really a commercial for your product' BS for LinkedIn. This isn't a place to hawk your product; it's a place to learn, network, and collaborate with the sales community. Act accordingly.
3. Assume positive intent - The internet is filled with places where we jump down each other's throat over slight misunderstandings. It makes the world a miserable place, and I hate it. So we have a golden rule here: Assume positive intent. Assume the person who is arguing with you is doing so out of kindness, not because they are wrong / stupid / evil. (See rule 1)
Welcome to The Water Cooler - grab a drink and stay a while, wontcha?