Using the number of emails or calls a seller does to judge whether they're "working hard" or "have the right attitude" is obsolete.
This kind of dashboard #management stopped working when #sales people can now send +1,000 emails a day effortlessly from widespread sales enablement tools.
In order to build a world class sales team in today's environment, leaders need to obsess over:
- Aligning all sales activity to the Buyer's Journey, making sure prospects can progress with the least amount of friction from Unaware to Decision
- Measuring meaningful metrics like email/call sentiment, TAM vs ICP pipeline, disqualification rate, and pipeline velocity
- Implementing productivity sprints because science has proven the human mind can only concentrate for 2 hours at a time before needing a break
- Chunking the sales process and training on each part incrementally and with personalized feedback
- Codifying career growth down to a checklist to put the onus on sales people for their promotions and removing manager biases [example featured on my profile]
If you do these 5 things in your sales team, you're building world class sales structure.