What YOU mean to this community!
My dear community members.
Let me first begin by saying I have been in deep thought regarding what this community should be. Over the last couple months I sought counsel and advice from various community builders, influencers, and leaders.
It all came back to something I should have seen from the start, namely YOU.
We are the torch bearers. We are the ones who reap the benefits of our success and we are the ones who suffer from the malpractice and downright abuse that happens today in sales. You know, things like:
- faking dials to look busy
- being told we need to hustle 24/7
- having out commission be tampered and non-transparent
- having your quota be unattainable or changed mid year
And on and on. At this point, many of you will be nodding your heads. If you've been in sales long enough, you've had at least one of these things happen to you, if not all of them.
So then what? Do we just take it on the chin? Call it a day?
I think not. While no single one of us can overhaul a broken system, collectively we can accomplish much more.
And just like for our prospects moving along the Buyer's Journey, the first stage is to move from Unaware to Awareness.
When we raise awareness about this, two incredible things happen:
1) We help others realize they're not crazy for thinking these things are wrong. And that can go so far, because in some situations your made to believe this is just how it is, which couldn't be further from the truth.
2) That you're not alone. There's a whole bunch of people out there going through the same crap. Some found ways to improve the situation, others didn't. But knowing you're not alone and there's a community with you can be all the difference.
So today I relaunch the #Death2Fluff community to be about our stories as sellers. Our triumphs, our defeats, the challenges we face, the problems we see, and the community we can become.
Will you join me?
It would be my honor to have you as part of this new community. And the way to start is by sharing a story you have. It might be your own, or someone you know. But let it be heard.