Very curious to get some opinions on this as I might be looking at it all wrong.
The main reasons I dislike calendar links and never use them in sales:
- Leaving the scheduling up to the client which shows poor attitude and it's actually quite lazy imo.
- Having to wait for the client to use the link and choose a time which can take a long time.
- Prolonging the sales cycle as I have to wait.
- The client can choose a time further away than I really want them to.
- Feel like I'm losing control of the process.
- Losing the opportunity to negotiate a more immediate time if they suggest a time that pushes the deal further back.
Also feeling is that it dehumanises the process. I've even seen reps use calendar links for cold outreach which is crazy to me. Does that even work unless I'm giving away free Iphones?
Maybe I'm old fashioned here so feel free to let me know why I need to get with the times.