poweredbycaffeine
WR Lieutenant
8
โ˜•๏ธ
"What has changed?"
ARRisLife
Politicker
6
Account Executive
Immediate call to figure out whats changed what's stalling it on their end- figure out if this is a legitimate uncontrollable that might be outside his authority OR is this him just not getting his side of action items done to get contract executed. 3 days is still a long time- I've pulled off crazier miracles that I had no business of getting.

I've also mistakenly played hardball first without putting the effort in to first understand what happened and put unnecessary strain on the relationship.

Good Luck!
FringeGuy
Member
1
Mid-Market Account Executive
Love this! Thank you!
Salespreuner
Big Shot
0
Regional Sales Director
This is great!
SalesSpectre
Opinionated
3
AE
Depends. Are you at quota? Will they post date it for next week?ย 

If your at quota I wouldย 
1. stand firm and be willing to walk away and lose it.ย 
2. Give them the extension under 1 condition...they sign that shit now and post date it for a day in May. Its the President so s/he can do that.

Future Note: Do everything in your power to never give a discount for timing. It goes south 80% of the time...you dont get the timing you want..and they get the discount they want.ย 
FringeGuy
Member
1
Mid-Market Account Executive
Good food for thought here.

At 87% for the quarter. Company will not extend incentive, and the prospect has told me they are working towards a decision by EOW/EOQ.

Questions just for interests sake:
1. If you've worked with a prospect for a long time and it's a great fit, would you just say "we can't extend the incentive, but we're not walking away from this partnership, it'll just happen a week later with a new agreement"?
2. Have you successfully done that? Great little idea..

Yikes - all of my organizations incentives are based around either a) quarter end or b) size of deal. So timing always manages to get in there!
Coffeesforclosers
Notable Contributor
2
Director Sales and Market Development
Put in a box there. Call the bluff or lose the deal, either way your quarter is shot if this was the needle mover. If you are already at the # i would do it and hard deadline and kick the next quarter up with a shot of adrenaline at the start. But sometimes they just need the bluff called. Dangerous
FringeGuy
Member
3
Mid-Market Account Executive
Currently sitting at 87% for the quarter. Deal in question is worth 10% yearly quota. Would you call the bluff, or make your own ask?
"Can't extend a week, but can make myself available until 8pm on the 30th to help you get this done"
Coffeesforclosers
Notable Contributor
1
Director Sales and Market Development
Thats a perfect rebuttal, keep me posted
MMMGood
Celebrated Contributor
1
Senior Account Executive
8pm? How about 11:59pm? ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
Coffeesforclosers
Notable Contributor
2
Director Sales and Market Development
Gotta go 11:45 give the docusign time to arrive and send email to finance that it is in before 11:59!!!ย 
FringeGuy
Member
1
Mid-Market Account Executive
Haha! Absolutely! Thank you for the help
FringeGuy
Member
3
Mid-Market Account Executive
For a deal, I'd stay up 25 hours a day
Allisce
Tycoon
2
Account Executive
Iโ€™d ask for another give in order to extend
Coffeesforclosers
Notable Contributor
3
Director Sales and Market Development
agreed, give and get a little quid pro quo.ย 
Allisce
Tycoon
2
Account Executive
Have to or else they will walk all over you
Coffeesforclosers
Notable Contributor
3
Director Sales and Market Development
im stuck in one of those now with one of my reps and it was an expensive lesson for them
MMMGood
Celebrated Contributor
2
Senior Account Executive
Maybe single year to multi year?
FringeGuy
Member
1
Mid-Market Account Executive
Oooo we're talking 5 year commit over here
MMMGood
Celebrated Contributor
1
Senior Account Executive
Were you forecasting it to close this Q?ย 
FringeGuy
Member
2
Mid-Market Account Executive
Yup! Received verbal on calls, as well as emails that it would close by end of April. Tough spot.
MMMGood
Celebrated Contributor
0
Senior Account Executive
What's their alternative if you say no?ย 
FringeGuy
Member
0
Mid-Market Account Executive
Renew with a vastly inferior incumbent that they want to leave :Pย 
MMMGood
Celebrated Contributor
2
Senior Account Executive
So no competition outside the incumbent, which they do not want to renew with.ย 

I agree with the others. Gotta find out what changed the situation. Come up with a good give/get. And talk to your leadership...how critical is this deal to the company and to your personal metrics? How weighted are quarterly goals? Etc.ย 
paddy
WR Officer
1
Director of Business Development
Blah blah blah
goose
Politicker
0
Sales Executive
What is your back up plan? ย Don't tell me you were single threaded to quota for the quarter...
Chep
WR Officer
0
Commercial Account Executive
The buyer is always right as they say (most of the time at least). It sucks when a deal doesn't go through on the timeline you're expecting, but I hope after that week the President came back to you with good news.
3

Closing deals on the 15th and enjoy the month: Technique

Discussion
6
1

Closing deals

Discussion
8
3

Closing

Question
5