Here is the story of this strange event:
We've started working exactly two years ago with this client.
They've been paying quite alright - good margins, paying on time etc
However, during last couple of months the weirdness started:
- Client started to be very aggressive with the team
- She was always on the lookout of finding some tiny discrepancies with the work and trying to make it a big deal
- Tried to poach couple of team members
- Started consuming 50% of my daily work-time for some weird conversations justified by the "business needs more care"
As a result I've been unable to focus on my accounts which really mattered and which had great potential to grow.
I was in front of the dilema:
- I continue as it is coz "client is always right" and she pays money
- Try to resolve the situation amicably and hope that we could get things right
- After the attempt of second scenario wave good bye and fire the client
What I've done:
- Tried the second scenario real hard but it did lead to no results
- Had to make a hard decision and let the client go
P.S. though I've got a strong pipeline and team won't stay without the project, but it was still a difficult decision to make. What would you do in my place?