I have an offer from a pretty cool company. It is expiring tonight(early morning tomorrow, to be exact).
Yesterday I chatted with my manager (VP) at my current company, and he told me he wants me to stay and he was going to put together a counteroffer for me.
See, I'm okay with leaving, but there's a huge possibility that my current company is going to offer me a lot of $$$ - in that case, I might considering staying. Today, my manager hasn't been in touch, and I'm assuming he will present an offer either tomorrow or the other day- if there's an offer.
I don't think I can ask for an extension for the offer I have, I already asked them once, and they gave me three days.
What do I do in this case? Sign the offer and say no later if I decide to stay at my current?