Six months in at a small SaaS startup. It isn't looking great.
- No VC money (self backed up to this point)
- Company is about 6/7yrs old, roughly $5M in ARR
- 3 legacy reps (been there 2+ yrs) all tracking or above goal, 6 new reps at less than 10% of goal (I am the top "new" rep and am at 11%)
- Bleak outlook for the company, don't see it every surpassing the $25M ARR mark
- I have 1.5yrs of closing AE experience with a 90k base and 180 OTE (but you can basically forget the variable with the numbers above haha)
I also believe I will get fired in the next 2-4 months if I am not at or closer to my goal. Again, literally none of the new reps are there but they seem to cut people after about 8 months.
I don't want to be a job-hopper but the board/leadership team are taking this in the complete wrong direction and it's showing in sales. I don't have a ton of experience to rely on but more time spent not hitting quota isn't going to help me either.
What do you think? Ride it out and see if things pick up? Or cut my losses and go somewhere else? My thought is try to go to a Salesforce or similar next, plant myself for a few years.
Really appreciate everybody's opinion and advice on this