The War Room
Toughest Department To Sell Into
Which department do you think is the most difficult to sell a product in to?
*Voting in this poll no longer yields commission.
👑 Sales Strategy
Chief Revenue Officer
Ranked in order of difficulty
1) Finance - they think they know the business, and are massively cheap)
2) HR - easy to set meetings with, but they usually have little budget/limited buy-in to secure the budget
3) Legal - similar to Finance, but usually with antiquated processes
4) Marketing - decent size budget, but generally IMPOSSIBLE to prospect into, they are also one of if not THE most heavily prospected to buyers, so its massively noisy
5) IT - they have massive budgets, and are usually geeked out by the latest and greatest technology innovations. You just have to learn to speak their language, and figure out what gets their blood boiling
6) Selling to sellers is TBH - EASY. They usually have a mutual respect for what you do, they tend to respond/pick up the phone in higher proximity to any other buyer, and they usually have the ear/buy-in of the executive team to buy "un budgeted" things. Its also easier to show ROI because of the direct correlation with booking revenue.
Thanks for the great perspective. One thing I'd add on the sellers is that although they are revenue generators they usually get looked at last for budget (at least for tools/tech). But definitely the mutual respect plays well.
Senior Account Executive
IT DMs are a special breed
Director of IoT Sales
Anytime Finance is involved they breakout the microscope so they become the hardest to sell into. However if you are clean and tighty and lay everything out upfront these deals can be massive and close rather quickly.
Director of Sales
said it perfectly.
For SaaS I think it's IT. At bigger companies they always poke so many holes in whatever you're selling, or think they can just build it themselves.
Account Executive, EIAS/Compliance
Lol it’s not IT
Favorite department to sell into
Sell me a Rolodex in this era.
Have you ever sold a product to a client while representing one organization and then switched jobs and had to sell a different product to the same client again?
Welcome to the Bravado War Room
An exclusive Sales Community for the
Best Sales Professionals.
Join via LinkedIn
Bravado is a community of trusted sales professionals endorsed by their customers.
The War Room
How It Works
Commission Program Terms
Terms of Service
Bravado Inc. Copyright 2021