Back
The War Room
Discussion
Post

Two alternatives for a new job

Got two options, similar product (that I really want to sell).

1. Bigger, newer with more future potential, limited territory (bigger sales team) and pay significantly more (with higher quota, obv).

2. Better territory, smaller team, paying less (the offer is for SMB, and cheaper)


Got an offer from the second (negotiating the terms, but they want me) the first is still in the process (demo and panel pending).

Mentally I want to just end this stress and sign with the second, but know that I should at least wait for the first option to send the offer.



Please give me your insights - what would have you preferred, if you had both options?






Option
Attached poll
*Voting in this poll no longer yields commission.
๐ŸŽฏ career development
4
Justatitle
Politicker
+7
Senior AE
I would at least wait for 1 thereโ€™s a reason you keep your options open. The 2nd company wants to choose the best available as well so theyโ€™re doing to you what youโ€™d want done for youโ€ฆ and if theyโ€™re like hey you have until x date to decide tell option 1 and if theyโ€™re serious theyโ€™ll play ball
TheQueenofDiamonds
Valued Contributor
+4
Account Executive
It's so true, I am just so excited to give notice to my current place, this is a huge driver too. My partner won't let me quit before I have a signed offer..not a risk-taker here. hehe
braintank
Politicker
+6
Enterprise Account Executive
Need more details...

โ€ข Are the two companies competitors?ย 
โ€ข How well are the sales teams doing at each company?
โ€ข How significant is the pay difference?ย 
โ€ข How do the benefits compare?
โ€ข Is either offering equity?
TheQueenofDiamonds
Valued Contributor
+4
Account Executive
all great questions!!!ย 
-the companies are competitors, the first is growing fasterย 
- don't have visibility on the second, they don't have much info online (they are saying that historically all of them over -achieved goals, but you know how it is)ย  Option 1 is kicking ass on RepVueย 
- 60K delta in OTE (maybe less, still negotiating), but the accelerators at the 2nd are much higherย 
- pretty much the same (but option 1 has equity option and the 2 doesn't)ย 
braintank
Politicker
+6
Enterprise Account Executive
Based on all this I'd lean towards option 1, unless you really like your hiring manager at #2
Show 2 more replies
funcoupons
WR Officer
+11
Kahluapons
Option 1 sounds like it will be better money, and isn't that the reason we're in sales? I'd tell 1 you have another offer on the table and want to make a decision by x date. If they want you they'll speed up their process.ย 
Lambda
Politicker
+6
Sales Consultant
Growth is king for me I'm also youngย 
slaydie
Politicker
+5
Account Executive
Sounds like more money at number 1 (and perhaps more stability) so thats where I'd go.ย  Tell them you have an offer and see how quickly they can move. If you don't get an offer from there than 2 sounds good as well - sounds like you want to get out of your current role so I am sure either will be great
CuriousFox
WR Officer
+11
Needer of Life Alert
Gotta do what's best for you boo.ย 
TheQueenofDiamonds
Valued Contributor
+4
Account Executive
๐ŸฆŠโค
3
Should I take the new job?
Advice
13
7
Mentally preparing for new job...?
Question
10
6
Applying for new job - tell them about incoming baby?
Question
10