The War Room
What's a good base and ote for an SDR?
Head of Growth
I’d recommend checking out the Bridge Group’s 2021 SDR survey. It’s full of incredible insights like this.
Off the top of my head, depends on:
- Location (For instance, in the US, the gap between a low salary location vs a high salary location could be between $40k to 70k base with another half of the base for OTE commission)
- Activities (Inbound vs Outbound)
- Company size/maturity (More mature company tends to mean - although not always - more mature sales process and beefier support from enablement, operations, marketing)
- ARR/MCV and other 3 letter acronyms that have a huge impact on your commission
- History of quota attainment at company (no use having a $90k OTE if no one is achieving it)
I talked to a company today that said they are looking to hire one SDR specialist for top of funnel and pay them out the ass. Said 80k base. I was blown away. It was a company we are consulting for.
Can we connect? :-)
I can't message you on this platform, but can you email me firstname.lastname@example.org
They havent pulled the trigger and decided on it. They were still tossing it around. But I just sent you an email.
What kind of SDR?
Depends on a lot like @pitchandputt laid out. From personal experience, I've had 2 SDR roles. First was 40k base +40k commission. Second was 55k base and 20k commission.
Director of Sales
My most recent experience as an SDR was 57k base with about 13k variable so ~70k OTE. Software industry.
Base salary #s
Do you talk about base salary with those on your teams?
Is a bump in OTE but same base really considered a raise?
Welcome to the Bravado War Room
An exclusive Sales Community for the
Best Sales Professionals.
Join via LinkedIn
Bravado is a community of trusted sales professionals endorsed by their customers.
The War Room
How It Works
Commission Program Terms
Terms of Service
Bravado Inc. Copyright 2021