Hey all still a bit away from making this decision since my current role is a wonderful gravy train (only AE with a 5 person BDR team and whole marketing engine supporting + a great product) but with acquisition on the horizon in 16-24 months this has been on my mind.
I'm currently in Canada but my fiancé and I both agree we'd like to experience life elsewhere and don't love the direction things are going here.
We have the choice of taking advantage of her Italian citizenship and going to Europe where as I understand compensation is similar if not a bit lower to Canada but work life balance is significantly better. Or since there's a virtual guarantee whoever buys us out will be US based, attempt to get a visa and move south where the roles are mostly the same but paid significantly higher.
Would love to hear from anyone who's made the country switch while staying in sales and anything else I should consider when making this decision.