Good morning or evening citizens (savages) of the war room. I was just visiting the academy again and found a cool article on burnout. Now, your probably wonder why I'm sending this link.
Its because I'm gathering your probably in many instances very busy and pretty much warn out from all the BS of the day to visit the academy.
What I found rather enjoyable about this article is the very practical but very serious examples it gives about the signs of someone feeling burned out. Signs that no one should ever ignore.
Here are some good points I took from this article:
1. Never ignore your feelings.
2. Have someone you can contact at all times. Or us here at the WR.
3. Get your priorities straight: "Your job is not worth your mental or physical health.
4. Have a place where you can release any tension you may have.
5. Reward yourself.
6. Reevaluate your career, if need be.
7. Do what makes you happy.
8. Don't say your going to do it, like Nike, just do it. Because most times then none you will second guess yourself or something will come up.
9. If your manager just says, "what's next" that means your the best, (Perspective).
10. And if you have kids, get a bottle of your favorite brew, and ignore them, works for me. Lol
Don't let your burnout take control of your life. Hope this is useful.